Thursday, February 20, 2014

Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Mushroom Gravy

Who wants some good comfort food? Wednesday when I got home from work, man was I ready to eat! The kid goes to church with my mom on Wednesday nights, so the better half and I get a mid-week date night- which means we end up eating dinner and watching Tuesday night's episodes of Brooklyn 99 and New Girl (i can sense your jealousy!) This particular "date night" included cubed steak with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli.

The Ingredients: Serves 6-8
6-8 cubed steak
2 cans of cream of mushroom
1 pack of onion soup mix

Now, remember, on Sunday I made all my freezer meals for the week. For this meal you will place your cubed steak, canned cream of mushroom and onion soup mix in the freezer bag. I took the freezer bag out Tuesday night to defrost, and put it in the crock pot on Wednesday morning.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high 3-4


Just add a pinch of this and a dash of that...

When I told the spouse that this meal included gravy, he changed the menu up and said that we had to have mashed potatoes instead of the planned rice. In the past, I would have NEVER made instant potatoes. Then one day I realized that it was a lot easier and they usually only cost $1 per pack at the store, and the don't grow creepy potato eyes on them. Not only do I make the lazy equivalent of mashed potatoes, I also cook them in the microwave. So, while my potato flakes were gaining a new form, I cut some broccoli up and steamed it over boiling water. Add a little salt and pepper to the taters and broccoli and your meal is complete. 


I think i saw my husband lick his plate

 Too bad after dinner, I got a little motion sick while watching the bobsledders on the winter Olympics. Otherwise, it was a successful mini-date night! Hope you enjoy the recipe!



IngredientsCaloriesCarbsFatProteinSodiumSugar
Aldi - Chef's Cupboard Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup, 2 container (1 3/10 cups ea.)500503054,3505Ico_delete
Cattlemen's Ranch (Aldi - Cubed Steak, 1 container (16 ounces ea.)9600721681,9600Ico_delete
Chef's Cupboard (Aldi - Onion Soup Mix, 1 container (8 tbsp ea.)16032084,8800Ico_delete
Add Ingredient      

Total:1,6208210218111,1905
Per Serving:27014173018651






No comments:

Post a Comment