Monday, February 17, 2014

Slow Cooker Stuffed Shells

I think Mondays and Thursdays are the days that I am most thankful for my slow cooker. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but it's still a job. So when I got home and my yummy stuffed shells were already cooked and waiting, I sure was happy. This is probably the most basic/ lazy recipe and it can be modified several ways.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Shells serves:8
Ingredients:
2 bags of frozen stuffed shells (Aldi $1.99 each)- frozen Ravioli works well too!
1 jar of you favorite Spaghetti Sauce (Hunts $1 each)
1 lbs of ground beef/ turkey (optional if you prefer vegetarian option)


Now all you have to do is... wait for it... wait for it... dump it all in a freezer bag and label it.
Like I said before, the ground meat is optional; however, this is not an option in my home seeing as my husband doesn't feel satisfied with a meal lacking in protein (#carnivoreproblems). Just be sure to cook the meat prior to adding it to the freezer bag.

All you have to do is defrost the bag (in the fridge the night before), and then put it in your crock pot- and move on with your life. You have two options, cook it on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Since the meat is already cooked it really doesn't take too long to cook.

Let me just walk you through my evening. I got home at 5:30 pm, changed into my sweats, put 1/2 loaf of garlic bread under the broiler (Aldi brand $1.40 something) and started a load of clothes, yelled for my husband to check the garlic bread, plated our food, and we were all sitting as a family eating by 5:45 pm. By 6:10 pm I was getting beat by a 5 year old at checkers and then we proceeded to play pokemon battles. (I like to say pokeman, because it really irritates my son... it's the small things!)

You can always add more spaghetti sauce if you want it a little more saucy

Shut your face! This looks delicious!!!


I roughly spent $9.55 for all the ingredients. The hubs and I are now sitting on the couch, teetering carbohydrate comas, watching last nights episode of True Detective. Oh and I'm not cooking tomorrow because we have enough leftovers for one more night!

IngredientsCaloriesCarbsFatProteinSodiumSugar
Aldi Priano Stuffed Shells - Stuffed Shells, 2 shells170215115602Ico_delete
Aldi's Reggano - Mushroom Spagetti Sauce, 1 container (2 1/2 cups ea.)350708102,40045Ico_delete
Beef - Ground, 85% lean meat / 15% fat, patty, cooked, broiled (hamburger), 2 serving ( 3 oz )425026441220Ico_delete
Add Ingredient      

Total:9459139653,08247
Per Serving:23623101677112


3 comments:

  1. Our Aldi didn't have the shells so we did with their frozen ravioli...AMAZING, easy and simple. Just how we like it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very good. I have mine in the oven now. I’m confused on your calorie count …Priano stuffed shells are 270 cal for 2. Plus, sauce ground beef, mozzarella.

    ReplyDelete