Sunday, March 23, 2014

2 week slow cooker menu/ grocery list

I hate going to the grocery store! I try to go only once every 2 weeks. I go on Sundays after church along with the majority of people in this town. Even though Sunday grocery store excursions are horrible, I have found that if I do not go on Sunday I will not go at all! Once home I put all foods together and package them in freezer meals. 

All meals are enough for 2 nights. You can either split the recipes in 1/2 and freeze separately or just prepare left overs. (That is what we do)
On the Menu: (click the link for the recipe)


Grocery List:

Meats:
6-12 chicken drumsticks
4 lbs chicken breast
3 lbs ground beef
1 kilbasa
1 lbs Shrimp (only if you want shrimp gumbo instead of chicken)

Canned goods:
2 cans chicken broth
3 cans cream of chicken
2 cans cream of mushroom
2 cans tomato sauce
4 cans diced tomatoes
1 can diced green chilis
1 can mushrooms

Frozen Foods:
1 bag frozen sweet potato tater tots (regular tots are fine too)
1 bag frozen okra
1 bag frozen corn

Condiments/ spices:
white vinegar
red wine vinegar
ketchup
mustard
BBQ sauce
EVOO
minced garlic (jarred)
creole seasoning
cayenne pepper
Brown sugar

Produce:
2 lemons
3 onions
2 cucumbers
1 red/green pepper
shredded lettuce
slicing tomatoes

Dairy:
1 lbs velveeta
32 oz Greek Yogurt

Bread/ Pasta:
Pita pockets or Flat bread
1 bag egg noodles
spaghetti noodles
1 box macaroni noodles
slider buns (or hamburger buns)
White rice

The only meal that you will need a side with is the BBQ chicken (We had steamed cabbage) and the gyros (we had hummus and chips). You can always change the list as your wish. 

When I shopped all these groceries cost about $175. Some of the ingredients you may already have at home. You may have more patience than I and use coupons. 

I will give you some parting advise. Stick to your list, do not shop with children (you will end up over spending due to the incessant "Can I have this?"), and mark off what you have purchased (Did I mention how I hate when I have forgotten something?)

Hope you enjoy all these great recipes and check back for more grocery lists!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It is the only way I can shop without spending over budget!

      Delete
  2. Did the goulash recipe get deleted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://thechintzylady.blogspot.com/2014/03/crock-pot-goulash.html Is the post, but the link above took me to the gyro post. ;)

      Delete
  3. did you cook meals before freezing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gumbo recipe does not match with the ingredients list

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many people are the 2 meals for?

    ReplyDelete