Saturday, March 15, 2014

Creamy Chicken Spaghetti

This is one savory recipe- and of course super easy to make. Another freezer crockpot recipe for another busy day of the week!

Wednesday, I was meeting a couple of girls from church for dinner. We have our Lifegroup on Wednesday nights. In attempts to have adult conversation, we alternate meeting every other week. One week the dads stay home with the kids and the women meet and vise-verse. Wednesday lady's night is full of fun stories and laughter. The night usually ends when one of our spouses calls and sends an SOS.

Tuesday night I reminded the hubs that I would not be home until late. His first question, "So what am I going to do for dinner?". Now I am a lucky lady who has a spouse that can cook, as long as he knows what is planned. The slow cooker meals are always a team effort in this house. He gets home about 2 hours before me and sends a text "Do I need to do anything with what is in the crokpot?". This day was no different. On the menu was Creamy Chicken Spaghetti.













Ingredients: Serves 8-10

1 small box dry spaghetti
1 lbs velveeta
2 cups cooked  diced chicken (1 put 2 chicken breasts on broil for about 15-20 min while I was preparing the freezer meals)
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken

1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)

1 can green chilies
1 can mushrooms
1 small onion diced


Combine everything except the velveeta and put it in a freezer bag.

I defrosted the meal the night before in the fridge and just dumped it in the slow cooker before leaving for work. I set it to low for 3 hours. When the hubs came home from work, the slow cooker was on warm and he added the velveeta. He also boiled the spaghetti and poured it in the slow cooker once it was done.

Now, this is just a theory, but I imagine my husband then got a plate full of spaghetti and sat in front of his Xbox One for the night. Considering the day before his had picked up his reserved copy of Titan Fall. (Im married to a 30 year old gamer). My son went to church with my parents that night so my husband had a few quiet hours by himself.

This makes a ton of food. The last time I made it I took half of it over to my sister and brother in law. (best sister in the world- me, not her of course... Just joking, she is alright).

I have heard this strange thing before. I have heard that some people do not like mushrooms. Whaaattt? Do not let your hatred for the fungus deter you from making this recipe! Just skip the mushrooms.

Hope you enjoy this yummy twist on traditional spaghetti. It is pretty delicious!

1 comment: