Sunday, March 23, 2014

Slow Cooker Siracha Pork Tacos

My husband and I LOVE spicy food. Recently Subway has had a Spicy Siracha Steak sub that has this creamy Siracha sauce on it, and it is SOOO good. (Yes, I do eat foods that are made outside of the crokpot!) Well it got me thinking that I would love to find a slow cooker recipe that centers around Siracha sauce. I decided to combine a korean pork taco recipe I had along with the Siracha sauce. I also found a recipe for Siracha cream sauce which can be made mild (pansy-mouth)- hot (Lips on Fire!).

The night that I made this recipe I was oh so grateful for that little slow cooker pot. It was a busy day at work, I pulled in the driveway at 5:20 pm to find my 5 year old running around outside, not ready for T-Ball practice that started in 10 min. I go inside to find my husband hobbling around due to a pulled muscle in his back (poor guy could not even put his shoes on). We arrived at T ball practice late (I don't like to be late, and if I am ever late... it is due to my husband- he has his own time zone). I got home just as my sister pulled in so that we could go to a children consignment sale. We stood in a line that resembled black Friday shopping and I got home around 9 pm. One thing that I did not do was eat fast food. Everyone had a delicious meal even though it was a crazy night.

Ingredients:
Pork:
2 lbs pork loin
4 TBS Soy Sauce
2 TBS Peanut butter (definitely optional!!)
1 TBS light Corn Syrup
1 TBS Red Wine Vinegar
1 TBS Minced Garlic
2 TBS Siracha Sauce
1 tsp EVOO

Taco filling:
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 bag shredded cabbage
corn tortillas

Sauce
1 1/2 TBS sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup Mayo
2-3 TBS Siracha Sauce (more or less depending on taste)

In my freezer bag I added all the "Pork Ingredients to" the pork loin. I defrosted the bag the night before and put it on low for 6 hours. Once the meat was done, my husband shredded the pork in the slow cooker. We then sauteed the shredded cabbage in 1/2 cup vegetable broth. This step is not necessary and can be skipped if you want crunchier cabbage.

Prepare the sauce by whisking together the Mayo, Siracha, and sweetened condensed milk. I warmed the corn tortillas on the stove and then made the tacos. Just layer with pork, cabbage, and the Siracha cream sauce. The pork is not spicy at all so you will be getting most spice from the cream sauce.

This meal was SO good!!! My husband said this can be on the menu anytime I wanted it! Since there is always alot of left overs another idea I had was to get the Asian Salad ready mix in the grocery and put the pork on top.


Hope you enjoy the recipe and let me know how hot you made your Siracha cream sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment