Monday, March 17, 2014

Crockpot Chicken Noodle

I love this recipe because it is very versatile. It is also SOOO cheap to make. Often times when you hear Chicken Noodle, you think of being sick. When I am sick, the last thing that I want is a can of overcooked mystery meat chicken in super salty broth with mushy vegetables. But that might just be me. After making this a few times I love it regardless of my germ count. Healthy or sick this is a go to meal in my house.

Like I said before, I have made this a couple different ways

  1. Like traditional Chicken noodle soup (more liquidy)
  2. Creamy noodle soup (thicker consistency)
  3. Chicken noodle casserole
The consistency is in how long you cook it and  how much cream of chicken you use.

The Ingredients: Serves 4-6
1/2 bag egg noodles
2 chicken breasts
2 cans of chicken broth
1-2 cans of cream of chicken soup (more C of C for a creamier consistency)
chopped celery and carrots (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

In your freezer bag place the chicken broth, chicken breast and optional chopped vegetables. When you are ready to cook, defrost the night before. Cook on high 3hrs, or low 6 hr. Remove the chicken and diced. Before adding the chicken back, whisk in 1-2 cans of cream of chicken soup. (I used 2 for a creamier outcome.) Replace chicken to slowcooker and cook on low for 30-45 min. If you want a more soupy-soup, cook the egg noodles in a separate pot and then add them to the slowcooker. This time after adding my chicken back into the slow cooker, I poured the uncooked egg noodles into the slowcooker and cooked on low for 1 hr. It then sat overnight on the warm setting. In the morning it was more of a casserole consistency. Now I could have just been done after the hour on low, but I was super lazy and went to bed. But I think it turned out just as good!


If you are a super nice friend you can always make this for someone that is sick. Im sure they would recover quickly!  Hope you enjoy the recipe. Let me know what version you like the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment