Saturday, March 1, 2014

Slow cooker Ranch Pork Chops

One thing that I have noticed in the past is that we do well eating in all week long and then the weekend arrives and we are so busy running here and there that we do not end up cooking as much. It is always good to have a night to eat out- but too much can be very expensive. One weekend I added up that we had spent almost $100 in eating out from Friday night to Sunday night. (That is my grocery budget for the week!!!) Hence the commitment to my slow cooker.

Today is Saturday, and Im going to be real honest with you... Im still in my pajamas and it is 9pm. This weekend we decided that we were not going to do anything. And we have done so- besides me leaving the house at 6 pm to go to Rite Aide down the road. While there, I listened to a man have a phone conversation in regards to which type of potted meat he needed to buy and bring home. (I should have stayed home!)

On the menu tonight was Ranch Pork Chops. 

Ingredients:

1 pack of dry ranch mix
1 can cream of chicken
6-8 pork chops (bone in/bone out--- its your preference)

Freezer Bag Prep:

Add pork chops, cream of chicken, 1 can of water, and the dry ranch mix to your freezer bag.
I defrosted the pork chops this morning and dumped the bag into the slow cooker and cooked it on high for 3 hours. There will be a gravy that the pork chops in. I took off the lid about 30 min before eating to thicken the gravy-- but this is not required.



To accompany our pork chops I also chopped and froze separately:3 red potatoes with a tablespoon of oil and a packet of onion soup mix. With the oven at 425 I threw the frozen taters on a broiling pan and cooked in the oven for 30 min. Oh, and I also opened a can of green beans too.

The pork chops were very yummy, the potatoes were great, and the green beans were... well green beans. While we were sitting around the house being super lazy today, the house smelled of a savory dinner cooking away. My sister-in-law even stopped by the pick up something and asked if I was cooking because something smelled good. Hopefully, next Saturday you can enjoy being lazy before all the spring sports seasons kick off. Have fun sitting around the house (bras optional) and have a great meal with your family.

For dessert we enjoyed a Snickers Egg (oh how we love Easter candy season).

Check out my previous blog that includes the 2 week menu and grocery list.
2 week menu and grocery list

No comments:

Post a Comment